Reliance Jio Fiber
It can’t be denied that Mukesh Ambani’s Jio has played a very vital role in the recent years in getting millions of Indians engaging online in an affordable way and it has been very much a revolution. Now Ambani has finally launched a new plan called Jio Fiber which was long-awaited by everyone since the day of its announcement. Now commercially launched, Jio Fiber offers plans that start from just 699 rupees per month including a lot of features that come with it. Here are the necessary details of this broadband service called Jio Fiber.
The plans that are currently shared about this plan are as follows –
- partnerships of content
- Set-top box
- Preview plan migration and much more.
- Jio Fiber has promised to be accessible to consumers in around 1,600 towns all over the country. Now let’s go to everything related to the Jio Fiber commercial launch.
- Jio company has announced that it will release a sum total of six prepaid plans, initially.
They are classified as follows –
- Bronze, priced rupees 699 per month.
- Silver, priced rupees 849 per month.
- Gold, priced rupees 1,299 per month.
- Platinum, priced rupees 3,999 per month.
- Platinum, priced rupees 8,499 per month.
The data speed offered by Bronze and Silver plans of the Jio Fiber is 100Mbps. And the data speed offered by Gold and Diamond plans of the Jio Fiber is 250Mbps and 500 Mbps respectively. And then finally, the data speed offered by the Platinum and Titanium is 1Gbps. Right by these monthly plans, Jio Fiber also offers consumers with long term plans of three months, six months and twelve months.
The company claims that every single plan of Jio Fiber will come with an unlimited data download and also upload. But there will exist a FUP that is going to start for the base plan that is Bronze, with 100GB. While for the very top-end plan which is titanium, it goes up to 5000GB. It also offers extra high-speed data that is free, which is up to 250GB, based on the plans formulated. But this extra data is completely separate from the FUP limit of each plan. Although, no extra data will be given for 1Gbps plans.
Also Check: What is VR? Virtual reality explained
Welcome offer of Jio Fiber –
There is also a welcome offer that Reliance Jio has offered for the customers of the new Jio Fiber who will select JioForever annual plans.
The Things that entail this offer are –
- Jio 4K Set-Top box, that is priced rupees 6,400
- Jio Home Gateway device, that is priced rupees 5,000
- Extra service for about two months.
- And also double data.
- Access for three months to Jio Cinema for free and also JioSaavn apps for subscribers to the Bronze plan.
- Whereas the subscribers to the Silver plan will get a subscription for the OTT apps for three months.
- Now coming to the other plans, which are – Gold, Platinum, Diamond and Titanium, the subscribers of any of these before mentioned plans will get a subscription for OTT apps annually for free. But there is still no clarity on which apps will be included in the subscription for these OTT apps.
Again, adding to this, the customers of the Jio Fiber who are subscribed for the JioForever Gold annual plan will also be given Muse 2 Bluetooth speakers for free. Now, the subscribers to silver annual plan will receive an HD TV for free (with different sized screens for every plan). Subscribers of Gold Plan will also receive a 24-inch HD TV for free, but only if they choose for the two-year plan. Customers with an annual subscription to the Titanium plan get a 4K TV of forty-three inches.
And now concerning the six-month plans, they will come with an extra service for one month which includes extra data that is fifty percent. But the customers will be provided with only twenty-five percent of extra data when it comes to the three-month plans.
Booking of Jio Fiber connection and also charges of installation –
Reliance Jio has announced that the customers who are interested in this plan can go register for the services of Jio Fiber by visiting the company website which is Jio.com or also the mobile app, which is MyJio app.
If the services of Jio Fiber is made accessible to your current location, a representative of Jio will connect with you. There’s also a direct ‘Book now’ option that is now carried out by Jio.com in order to register for a new connection. When you click on the link, it offers you two options to choose from –
- For a brand new connection
- For an upgrade to your Jio Fiber connection that’s already pre-existing.
When you want to get a new connection to the Reliance Jio Fiber, there will be a charge for just one-time that is priced at rupees 2,500. Out of this, rupees, 1,500 is just a security deposit that is refundable, for the router of Jio. The remaining money, that is rupees 1,000 will be meant for installation charges and it’s non-refundable.
Also Check: 5 Best Online Payment Apps in India 2019
The Validity of Preview offer
Earlier known as JioGigaFiber, with the official unveiling of the new Jio Fiber broadband by Reliance Jio now in action, the service has slowly been trying to select costumers as part of its Preview offer. The consumers thus selected were only charged just a security deposit priced at either 4,500 rupees or 2,500 rupees that’s refundable, depending on the routers issued to the consumers.
From the notification of MyJio app, it is to be noted that the pre-existing subscribers of Jio Fiber will be made to migrate to paid plans. They have announced that this will be carried out by the company reaching out existing Preview subscribed customers, individually. They’ll be informed all about the details of the said migration. The Preview subscribers, until then, can enjoy using their Jio Fiber broadband with no interruptions. Since the preview subscribers of Jio Fiber are said to be in the number of millions, it’ll more likely take some time to for this migration process, considering that the company plans on reaching out to them individually about this.
This service, which was launched on the 12th of August, has the potential to change both the broadband landscape and online presence of India.
Also Check:10 Most Downloaded Apps from Google Play