How to Get Rid of Dandruff?
The word ‘Dandruff’ sounds like a problem but the solution to this problem is actually in itself.
That means it is a major problem to a lot of people in all over the world. There is no person
who has not dealt with a dandruff problem in their life but very few fail to find the perfect
solution. People visit dermatologists and even ask God to treat their dandruff problem but what
they need to see is the solution is in their hands.
All you need to do is look into the cause of dandruff. What is causing dandruff in your hair?
Here are some of the main causes:
- Oil in the Hair –the skin beneath the hair is similar to the skin all over your body and like
the skin on the other parts it consists of sebaceous glands that are responsible for the
regulation of oil on the skin. Hence as these glands produce oil on the hair scalp and the
excessive oil sits on the scalp and makes it itchy. All the pollution and dust from the
environment sticks to it and produces dandruff
- Irregular Shampooing –it is very important for a person to shampoo and cleans their
hair regularly. People who step out in the heat and dust need to shampoo the hair once
in every 3-4 days and the people that stay home need to wash their hair once in every
- Skin Eczema & Fungus –having unclean hair leads to skin eczema and fungus on the
scalp that boosts the chances of getting dandruff. This problem can be eradicated if you
take proper care of your scalp.
Remedies to reduce Dandruff
- Cedarwood Oil –a cup full of this oil plus lemon drops and apply it to your thick hair
carefully. Leave it on for 30-40 minutes and wash your hair with mild shampoo. Do this
twice a week for effective results.
- Aspirin –it has the similar active ingredient that is present in medicated dandruff
shampoo. Crush two aspirins into a white powder and add it to the normal shampoo you
use each time to clean your hair. Leave it in your hair for 1-2 minutes and rinse with
- Mouthwash –the mouthwash can help you treat a bad case of dandruff as it is anti-
fungal and keep out dandruff causing yeast to grow on your skin. This regime can be
followed by your regular conditioner.
- Egg Oil –the exotic egg constitutes polyunsaturated fats and Omega 3 which
strengthens the hair follicles from deep inside. This can easily buy from a local market or
- Salt –the table salt is another handy remedy for the treatment of dandruff before
shampooing it. Grab a salt shaker and shake some salt on your scalp and work it
through your scalp to move the flaky and dry skin out so that it gets rinsed out when
- Coconut Oil –it contains a very high amount of vitamin E that is highly nutritious for the
skin. Its anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties help you target and kill the fungus.
You can use this for a week and see effective results.
- Garlic –the most important part of an Indian kitchen is an amazing home remedy to get
rid of stubborn dandruff flakes. Finely chop the garlic and put them in a grinder, make a
paste and apply to the scalp and roots to treat itchy scalp. Leave it for 15 mins and
shampoo as usual to get great dandruff free hair.
- Vinegar –this is enchanted remedy with anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that
help to kill fungus or chemical resulting in the assembly of dandruff in your scalp. It
reduces the itchiness of the scalp and gives a clear, dry and non-dandruff look.
- Relaxation –most important remedy of all that has proven to work for a lot of people is
to take some time out from your busy schedule and relax. Reduce the amount of stress
and try to avoid depression and anxiety. Short walks, meditation, and yoga and
massage therapy help greatly.
All these home remedies can help you get rid of dandruff only if you follow them religiously.