Coronavirus (COVID-19) Latest Update
Coronavirus (COVID-19): An ongoing pandemic of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID – 19) has spread its fear across the world. The virus is primarily spread through the respiratory droplets from coughing and sneezing.
The beginning of this disease was from China since December 2019, then increased gradually all over the world.
With the increasing effect of Coronavirus, every country has shut down the major public areas and some of the buildings also have been isolated. People are urged to stay at home for offices being closed or issued to work from home. Every country has requested people to avoid gatherings, food court, and visiting bars to minimise the effect.
The number of COVID-19 cases have been increased approx. more than 1,80,000 worldwide. There have been more than 7000 deaths worldwide due to coronavirus.
The higher risk for developing the coronavirus are older people or people with weak immunity or who have severe underlying chronic medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes. It has been observed that the coronavirus may seem to lighter cough at once and may take up to 14 days to detect the virus in the body.
The number of cases as on 17 th March 2020 across the world for few countries are as follows:-
Precautions to be Taken
Though the statics and pandemic has the larger effect, still there is no need to panic about COVID- 19. The virus is serious infection and is one of the biggest global health threats. Currently, there is no vaccine to prevent COVID – 19 but can be prevented by not being exposed to it. The disease can be prevented by taking the following precautions:-
1. Wash your hands regularly and each hand wash should be minimum for 20 seconds.
2. Do not go out for office or in public if you are sick or have cough. Instead take the proper
medication from the beginning itself even if it is for minor cold.
3. Wearing a mask won’t help you unless you have flu symptoms or you are health care worker
4. Avoid non-veg food as much as possible as the virus spread first in animal and then to
humans. Or Meat should be washed and cooked thoroughly.
5. Watch out for symptoms like cough, fever and shortness of breath; if you have any of these
symptoms then it would be better to consult the doctor as soon as possible.
6. Prayer has magical power, so do your daily prayer for world health and for yourself.