Badminton is a very popular game around India. And it is a racquet sports game. Badminton game is played by two opposing players or two opposing pairs. And players should take place as opposite position halve rectangular court and the court is divided by net.
- Badminton game takes place with two or four players. It is singles or doubles.
- Formal matches should be played in indoor with proper court dimensions. The Badminton court dimension should be 6.1m by 13.4 m. The net will be suitable for a center of the court and set will be 1.55 m.
- To count a point, it must hit the point with shuttlecock within parameters to the opposite court.
- If at any cost the shuttlecock touches land or net. The points will be awarded to opposing players.
- Players should serve the shuttlecock crosswise across through net to opposing players. According to pointwise who won the serve move one side to the other. According to rules, there is no second chance to serve if your first serve goes out of court the points awarded to opposing players.
- Every serve must be hit from underarm and under the severs midriff. No overarm severs are allowed in a badminton game.
- Every game should start with the toss, that toss will decide that which player will serve first and which side of the court the players would like to stand.
- One time the shuttlecock is alive players can move around the court as they wish. The players have permission to hit the shuttlecock from outside of the court playing area.
- If at any cost, players touch the net or any part of their body and they assume that it is faulty. And points will be awarded to opposing players.
- A fault is called as purposely divert their opposite players. And the shuttlecock is caught by racket then dump. The player will hit the shuttlecock twice or player will continue to disobey with the laws of badminton.
- Each game is monitored by a referee on the high chair overlooks the game. A judge also has a line to monitor the game and if the shuttle island or not. The referee has paramount calls on infraction and faults.
- The game has only two rest sets coming the form 90 seconds rest after a first game, and 5 minutes rest session after the second game before starts.
- If referee may be seen an unexpected thing and accidental cause, they may include the shuttlecock getting stuck in the bit, service will be out of turn and one player was not ready or a decision which is close all.
- If the player will break the rules continuously, then the referee will hold the power of player and they consider persisting fouls getting damages of the set or even the match.
History of Badminton
Badminton is a game it was an ancient Greece and Egypt game and called as battledore and shuttlecock. It creates which two players hit feathered, shuttle back and forth with insignificant rackets. Badminton game was played in India in the 18th century. At that time this game called as Poona. This game was started by a British army officer stationed in India. The officer took back the game to England, after a few years it became a successful sports game. In 1873 duke of Beaufort he renamed as badminton. And on that year was specifically famous the badminton rules were drawn. In 1875 the officers started his badminton club in his hometown.
Starting, this game was played the range of 1-4 players. And lastly, this game is established between one or two teams. And they did their best. The shuttlecock was coated with Indian rubber. It is outdoor play game sometimes weighted with another point. Even though the depth of the net has no consequence. But it was preferred it should reach the ground.
In 1934 International Badminton Federation found the members in various countries such as England, Canada, France, Denmark, Scotland, Ireland and New Zealand. And it is known as badminton world federation. In 1936 India joined as affiliated. The badminton world federation governs as international badminton. Even though England has started the badminton game, and has competitive badminton dominate in Europe by Denmark.
In recent times China has given the greatest force in men and women has heavy competition. And the game was very famous in United States.
There is a difference between in badminton that also developed in recent years
- Speed Minton
This game can be played without the net, and it got popularity especially in Germany.
Badminton Pieces of Equipment
- Badminton rackets.
- Badminton shoes
- Badminton attire.
Rackets are made by various types of material. Due to the condition, the material should be selected. This racket can be various combinations such as weight, balance, string tensions. It will take to select the rackets which are suited for players.
Badminton shoes should be lite weighted. And it has good cushioning and it won’t help to jump. The shoe heel cups should be useful for lifespan. Do not wear jogging shoes as they have a lack of grip and traction. Through the badminton net, you cannot unable to stop in time receive a drop shot.
In shuttle there are two types:
- Plastic shuttle
- Featured shuttle.
The plastic shuttle is durable, which is commonly used. Beginners try with plastic shuttle it is better for training time. Children who play the badminton for recreation. The plastic shuttle is not heavier.
The featured shuttle is expensive and faces easily. Especially if the wrong technique is used, the featured shuttle is heavier. The most of the players use featured shuttlecock in all matches. It is not good got beginners.
Every item serves a purpose and adds a dish color. The players want a comfortable pair of cotton or fit t-shirts is the comfort. Some players wear the hand grips and ankle guards. It is badminton equipment you want to get attention before your matches.
Badminton Court Dimensions
Badminton court overall dimensions are 20 feet by 44 feet. The lines of the measurements mark for double play and long services lines for a single play. Middle of the court the net line will be marked. Where the net is placed want to create 22 feet by 20 feet area on every side of the net.
Short service line
This line should be marked as 6 feet and 6 inches from the middle line. The area inside service short line is also known as the no volley zone.
The middle line should equal the court from the short service line. This line has marked the left from right service court.
Also Check : All You need to Know about Asian Games
Sideline single play
The line should be 1 ½ feet from the end of the outer boundary line. This is sideline single play.
Back boundary line and long service line for singles
The boundary line should be in the same for single and double play. And it is the outer most backline of the court.
Long services line from doubles
The service should be marked as 2 ½ feet inside the back boundary line. This is called as long services line from doubles.